this is what we do on saturdays. (Taken with instagram)
female, 25, wifey, florida girl in the midwest
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
celebrated christmas in florida WITH mike, got married ♥, hosted thanksgiving at our house, won a baking contest! (woo hoo!), experienced a chicago heat wave and a chicago blizzard, turned 25 (eeep!)
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
yes, i’m still on the drinking water train, but i think that’s the only one i made/kept. i will def make more in 2012
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
mo money and a more organized house
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
sept 17- our wedding! and 11.11.11 cuz it rocked! and black friday!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting married and changing my name
9. What was your biggest failure?
sending out thank you’s after the wedding, buying christmas presents this year
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Who was your favorite person to be with this year?
mike and my family
13. Who was your least favorite person this year?
managers at work
14. Where did most of your money go?
wedding, wedding, wedding
15. What are you really excited about?
everything coming our way
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
maybe our first dance song sam cooke you send me or hugo 99 problems
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Thinner or fatter? probably fatter
Richer or poorer? probably the same or poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. Did you fall in love in 2011?
more in love, yes
21. How many one-night stands?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
i started loving parks and rec and community. always will love the office
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
more and more mason jennings, mumford and sons
26. What did you want and get?
a great, fun wedding, an awesome honeymoon and a crazy thanksgiving
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmm, not sure.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 25; didn’t do anything too crazy i don’t think. mike and i went out to a fancy dinner at carmichael’s
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
mo money and more time in hawaii!!
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
look cute and if it’s cold stay warm
31. What kept you sane?
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
probably jason segal
33. Who did you miss the most in 2011?
34. Who was the best new person you met?
i always feel like i never meet anyone new, but how could this be possible?
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
no matter what happens we’ll get through it together
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
you know that it’s true, this heart was made for you.
today at work (Taken with instagram)
First snow of the season (Taken with instagram)
Wild wild card Saturday chili! (Taken with instagram)
did I mention we got a new car? cuz we did! go honda!!
Single Serving Site of the Day: Stress Relief 2.0: Devastating Explosions, at the Touch of a Button.
well since my marriage has already lasted longer than kim kardashian’s i figure it’s safe to start posting some wedding pictures! woo hoo! i already talked about the rehearsal, got into how stressful the rehearsal dinner was for me, and went over the diy stuff i did before even all of that! so right now i’m just going to post some pictures from before the ceremony. we have over 800 amazing photos of our wedding and it’s really hard to pick just a few to share. our photographer eric was awesome and is a really cool guy that we work with!
anyways, on with the wedding porn!
the hotel that messed up my room, but i guess ultimately was not so bad of a place to spend our first nite as husband and wife. we had cool views of the city
the ring bearer’s pillow from my older sister’s wedding in 1997. i switched out the ribbons so they would match our colors. her youngest son was our ring bearer.
the flower baby’s dress
the flower baby, miss nova
gettin my make up done by jenn jones, who was great and did almost everyone’s make up
my older sister, tarra
the bridemaid’s bouquets
you know how it goes…
all ready to go!
my pretty yellow shoes
waiting for the freakin limo
in the lobby with my girls
in the limo; i love that you can see the rabbit in the reflection :)
we’re finally here!!
i should mention it had been colder and cloudy the last like five days leading up to saturday. but as you can see it was perfect on our wedding day
look how confident i look :/
our programs (also diy)
the boys were in there
internal monologue: i’m getting married in .00000076476132 seconds and i am freaking the fuck out, but i will smile for the camera and try to look cool
lazy saturday (Taken with instagram)